Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Geomotry

Its always difficult to know where exactly to start. When drawing i know everything is a shape with more shapes around it, so you start with the biggest shapes. I recently started sketching again. I looked over my old sketchbook, and found all the drawing of when i was going through a divorce. I guess this was a starting point seeing as how it was where i left off.

Back then it was my journal, my emotions ran like a pendulum, my way of expressing.

I would sketch what i felt, wilted rose with petals all on the floor one petal hanging on still. things like this gave hope, but also you could see not much. I would draw beautiful scenes, pictures and hours later go back and run red sharpies through things. Looking at the book i relived almost every conversation, every meeting, every feeling, every emotion.

Guess true art come from heartbreak

I had to stop, it was my outlet, but needed an outlet from my outlet. Escape was a paradox. I had passion, love, hate, anger and everything, but could not separate between the person i was drawing about. I did not want to grow to hate art also.

A year later, I have new paper, new pencils, new red sharpies, and new shapes. Perhaps this time around the heart shaped pieces will be complete.

1 comment:

Sen said...

That is awesome, I wish I had mine to look back on. In times like that my poems and ways I expressed myself have been lost in the moves of life. Hopefully you will share some of your sketches..